Friday, October 23, 2009

All I Want for Xmas

Remember that song? Well, I already have my two front teeth...

Tonight my sixth grader went to the "teen rec" program at the middle school. After I dropped him off a few minutes before 7:00, I headed over to the ice skating rink one town over. I'd never been there by myself before, but it was the perfect opportunity because hubby had taken the other two boys to dinner.

I think this was my fifth time on skates, so I spent the entire time practicing "slow and steady" which was a bit nerve racking with all the teenagers zipping around me. I was able to get a good hour and a half of skating before I had to leave to pick up Son #2 at 8:55.

I just said to hubby that I should get him a new pair of bowling shoes for Xmas (he has been renting 'em for the past two seasons of our fall league) and that he should get me a pair of ice skates. I definitely want to do this on a semi regular basis. Anything athletic that I can do even a little bit is worth getting excited about!

Speaking of which, I bought roller blades a long time ago and had a tough time using them. I wonder whether it will be easier now because I'm developing a comfort zone with ice skates. Hmm.

No comments: