Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dogs and Cobras and...

I have not yet seen the continuing education bulletin from our district for the spring session, though I have been keeping an eye out...HOWEVER...I have joined the office yoga group which meets for half an hour at lunchtime on Wednesdays. They do the same kind of yoga that I used to do with the evening group. Because it's only half an hour, it doesn't wipe me out like the evening session did (I was completely useless after each class!) but it does invigorate and relax me, all at the same time.

It's funny, but I used to have a hard time with the upward facing dog and the cobra poses -- both require you to lie flat on your tummy and then stretch your torso up and arch the back -- but during the past two weeks of lunch yoga I've gotten into those postures quite easily. What does that mean? Ah, who cares? Forget I asked.

No comments: