Saturday, June 26, 2010

Going Down the Path

Today hubby had the three amigos at a friend's house, swimming in their pool. I took advantage of the day by myself (whoopee!) to run errands, eat lunch in peace...and then decided to take a nice long walk through the state park nearby. All told, it was about two and a half miles there and the same back. Not bad since most of the path is shaded.

Lots of bicycle riders passed, and some called out greetings. I only saw a handful of other walkers. About halfway through my trek, I noticed an odd looking guy walking towards me. He was dressed in a short sleeved shirt, but the material was heavy. And heavy jeans too, strange for a humid summer day. I smiled as he passed. After I smiled, he smiled back and said, "Jesus loves you."

Not being religious in the least, this caught me by surprise. And I certainly had no idea what reply to make, so I said nothing. I suppose people are constantly walking paths of life, both literal and figurative. I knew I was headed back home, but maybe others are still searching for a destination. That's the best of my profound inclinations for today.

No comments: