Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mommy Don't You Drive So Fast

On one of those "all about me" posters in kindergarten, Son #3 said he wanted to be a bus driver when he grew up. I'm thinking it would be more appropriate to see him go to law school or the police academy.

Get this. We're driving down the road that takes us to before school care, at 7:25 this morning. He casually asks, "What's the speed limit on this road?" I tell him I think it's 40 MPH. I ask him why he wants to know. He pauses, and then responds again in that casual tone. "Because you once told me you were going 42 miles an hour." Gulp. Sweat. Case of major guilts.

How long was he saving that up, so he could zing me? With that cute little voice and endearing manner? I think he'd wheedle confessions out of criminals before they even realized they'd been greased. Sheesh.

No comments: