Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Murphy's Law of Medical Emergencies

Last night's bowling endeavor was great. I inched slightly over my established average, one of the guys bowled 150 pins over his average for the night, the teammate who pre-bowled went about 75 over average for the night...and we took 11 of 11 points, almost doubling our season total to date. Because we had only three bowlers on each team, we got out of there about 10:45...good...but I didn't get to sleep until around midnight, just because.

It's a bit rude to wake up at 0530 with no interruptions, but I was awakened at 0345 to the sound of hubby thrashing around in the throes of an insulin surplus. Tried to get him to open his mouth for the Snickers bites, but nope he was too far along by then. Fire Dept. ambulance EMT knew the score. Unfortunately the two police officers they sent, though they tried their best to be helpful, weren't that experienced, but at least one of them learned something. By 0430 they were finished, and I put up the load of white laundry that I'd planned to do at 0530. Don't worry; I didn't stay up to put it in the dryer...did that at 0530 when the alarm rang.

Figures that this sort of thing didn't happen on a night when I'd crawled into bed at 9pm. BTW, hubby did get up for work this morning, not sure how he managed it, but I knew better than to try to establish conversation. I think we'll both crash early tonight...

No comments: