Thursday, October 6, 2011

But We Wanted THAT One!

I'm shaking my head. I have a weekly meeting with my group on Friday afternoons after lunch. There isn't much demand for conference rooms on a Friday afternoon at the office, as you can imagine, but it's also the only day of the week when all part time telecommuters in the group are on site, and our evening technician has added two hours a week to her schedule in order to join us on Friday afternoons so we are all together once a week face to face.

This morning the lovely and polite person who handles conference room reservations sent me a note informing me that the management team is having a meeting in "our" room tomorrow afternoon and I can choose any other room in the office to relocate my meeting. Any other one! Why couldn't the mucky mucks have chosen any other room? There are two perfectly good rooms which are just as large, but they had to bump us.

I'm shaking my head and rolling my eyes to the ceiling because it's ridiculous. I'm content to move my powwow into another room, of course -- and actually I'll be happy to move it outside if the weather cooperates. There are people who would go to war over this and say what a horrible place it is to work because management doesn't give a whit for the staff and how morale is in the toilet and blah blah blah. My overarching motivations are different, and I'm not unhappy, but I completely understand why the people who can't easily expel these little irritants are being driven insane.

I'm smiling. Wryly.

No comments: