Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Wii Wish You a Merry...

Sunday was first night of Hanukkah, which we celebrated with a houseful of friends.  Great fun!   My father-in-law and his wife sent a Wii game system for the kids, which hubby and Son #1 opened up yesterday.  It was all set up by the time I arrived home from work, and it was in full swing.  It's attached to the living room TV.  From the time we set up the PlayStation 2, it has been attached to the TV in our bedroom.  The only other TV is in the basement (an older, smaller model) so that's fair game for some other game system someday, I suppose, but we'd have to put some heat down there.  Someday.

Of course, it's not all fun and games.  When they were doing Wii bowling, Son #3 began whining because he couldn't get the hang of it.  Both brothers were hassling him about his whining until he finally bowled his first strike.  Whew.  They were also playing Guitar Hero, which came as a Hanukkah present.  We've been enjoying Rock Band for the PlayStation for some time now, and I have to say that the drum set from Guitar Hero seems a lot more sturdy.  Hubby recently repaired the older drum set; we'll see whether it holds together.  The kids are excited (as am I) to hear the different collection of songs in Guitar Hero.  They have become acquainted with many of "my" rock and roll tunes from the 70s and 80s, and actually seem shocked that I know many of the songs well.  Heh heh heh.  I'm all thumbs when it comes to trying to play the guitar or drums, but I do take the microphone and sing a few.  

Whether it's rock and roll or holiday songs, here's to music appreciation!  I'd better embrace it, since all shreds of peace and quiet (few as they were) have now disappeared from our household.

No comments: