Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year!

Tomorrow night we will continue our tradition of ringing in the new year with a bunch of friends and their families.  We all go to one house, let the kids play together, and have some relaxed grownup time.  We chip in with all the food and drinks.  Let's face it, this is a lot easier than trying to find a bunch of babysitters so all of the parents can go someplace, and it's a lot cheaper than eating out someplace and then paying the sitter (or groveling, if it's a family member).   :-)

The economy is in a miserable state, 'tis true, but as I look back on 2008 I see that my three children did a lot of growing and changing.  I am very proud of all of them.  I'm smiling as I get ready to switch to a new wall calendar.  Love to all of my special people.  Wherever you are in the world, you know who you are!

No comments: