Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Gift of Life

Yesterday I attended the bris of my friend's son.  (A bris is a ritual circumcision performed when the infant is eight days old.)  Gorgeous little creature, of course, and a blessing to the entire family.  I also feel blessed that our circle of close friends has more babies...for me to hold and smooch and make funny faces at and say silly things to...and so we can have a great time enjoying them as they grow up.  Other friends of ours have a six month old daughter who is simply delightful as long as she is not spitting up what she just ate a little while ago.  Actually, she's even delightful when she's doing that.

Our oldest is almost thirteen, and is giving us other gifts, including defiance and backtalk, but we are as proud of his accomplishments as he is.  Our youngest will be 7 1/2 in a couple of weeks, and I have to continually be reminded that he's not a baby anymore.  Still, I smile whenever I think about how he bounds into my lap or climbs me like a tree.  It's a lot more fun to consider that I'm about to get catapulted into age 45 this year and am on a constant quest to eat more fiber!

No comments: