Monday, March 9, 2009

Anyone Can...

Recall that we often sing show tunes at bedtime.  Last night Son #2 asked for Anyone Can Whistle.  My children are amused by the fact that I can't whistle worth a darn, but sometimes I can get lucky enough to tweet out the ending of Dream a Little Dream (which they also ask for during tuck in).  Anyhow, the first verse of the song is this:

Anyone can whistle
That's what they say
Easy
Anyone can whistle
Any old day
Easy
It's all so simple
Relax, let go, let fly
So someone tell me
Why can't I?

Wouldn't you know it, when I got to "Relax, let go, let fly" my son let go all right...with a mighty trumpet of intestinal gas.  Of course he thought this was hilarious.  When I informed him that we were not changing the title of the tune to "Anyone Can Fart" he nearly fell off the bed laughing.  Normally the tuck in ritual makes them calm down and get sleepy, but this was not one of those nights...

No comments: