Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cognizance, or Coincidence?

Today we visited our friends Sharon and Chris, who have two young daughters.  The 22 month old is very playful, and the 7 month old is very stoic and serious.  Both lovely little girls.  We went for a casual bite at dinner time, and then returned to their place for dessert.  Around 7:15 we started to pack up, because the Three Amigos had to take showers (bedtime is 9:30 on a school night).

I leaned down to the Exersaucer to give the baby a hug and a kiss, and to say bye bye.  Almost immediately she began to fuss.  I picked her up and cuddled her, and she stopped.  She started pumping her arms up and down on my shoulder.  Sharon and I wondered whether she realized that "bye bye" meant that I was leaving, and she didn't want me to go.  How cute would that be?  Anyway, that's our story, and we're sticking to it...   :-)

No comments: