Thursday, August 12, 2010

Driving Ms. Crazy

We're collecting our thoughts, and our belongings, to drive to Florida to visit my father-in-law and his wife. Don't even THINK about ransacking the house while we're away because we have something much better than a guard dog: my mother. If you're not familiar with the chronicles of my childhood, you're just going to have to trust me.

When I double checked my "car list" with hubby, he said that it sounded like I was going overboard and that we weren't going on maneuvers fercryinoutloud. Well, I thought I was being thorough. And we rented a mini van for the trip so the kids could spread out, so we do have plenty of room inside the passenger part of the car. Is this really excessive?

  • EZ-Pass (which alas, is not honored all the way to Florida)
  • dollar bills, quarters, dimes, and nickels to make exact change for tolls (I have my brother to thank for that suggestion)
  • portable GPS
  • tissues, paper towels, wet wipes, car trash bags
  • umbrellas for those rapid fire summer Southern rain storms
  • two DVD players, chargers, DVDs, CDs
  • a case of water bottles and a cooler bag full of snacks
  • hubby's insulin kit
  • a backpack of "entertainment items" for each kid
  • mom's crocheting bag which will have a few books thrown in too (for when hubby is driving)
The Three Amigos have never done a road trip anywhere near this long. Wish me luck!

No comments: