Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Eat Yer Veggies

Today I attended an info session at work about a new feature in our database. It was supposed to be held from 11:30 to 12:15. Starting at a few minutes to twelve, my stomach growled softly. My fault for eating breakfast at 5:30, eh? So at 12:15 I went to grab my lunch, nuked it, and brought it to the conference room to eat it while the meeting was still going on. Good thing, since it didn't end until 12:35 and I would've been completely famished by then.

Two of my buddies scolded me as we were all leaving the meeting, as they were enthralled by the smell of my food. I had the leftover veggies from last night's dinner: a large sized Tupperware full of spaghetti squash. I guess it was the way I'd seasoned it: lots of garlic, some black pepper, a handful of grated cheese, and a small amount of margarine. Yup, it was the garlic.

I laughed at the thought of other people coveting my lunch because I sometimes have to resort to threats to get the kids to eat spaghetti squash. Regular spaghetti? No problem. Even whole wheat spaghetti is fine since they're used to that by now. I've even tried mixing real spaghetti with spaghetti squash. That really made them mad! Something about the consistency of the squash strings that puts them off. Oh well. I enjoyed it!

No comments: