Monday, November 15, 2010

Ambivalence

I remember an old Dom Irrera standup routine about his hassling his buddy as to whether the buddy would hit his cat or his mother-in-law with his car if he had no choice but to choose one. Talk about a choice.

I'm really torn here. Should I be happy or sad? My business trip to Boston (which I take annually) happens to fall on the week of parent-teacher conferences this time. The high school is Tuesday, and the middle school is Thursday. Hubby will have to do it all this time. It's lovely to think about how I get a break from all that zipping around the school playing Beat the Clock, but I really do enjoy talking to all the teachers and seeing all the other parents who have become old friends over the years.

If I'm happy, I'm reminded that I won't be missing the elementary conference, which is next Monday. If I'm sad, I can console myself with the fact that I still get to do the elementary school deal. What to think? Sigh.

P.S. Son #1 has an orthodontist appointment on the Wednesday night that I'm away, and I can honestly say I don't mind missing that. :-)

No comments: