Monday, November 1, 2010

Fall Cleaning

Doesn't have that same ring to it that "spring cleaning" does, eh? Well, I'm going with it. Not sure why he was motivated, but hubby spent a good chunk of weekend time (OK not when football or hockey was being televised) cleaning out his office downstairs.

Seven bundles of old catalogues tied up and brought to the curb for recycling. Heaven knows how much paper to be shredded. Old Windows PC that was already old ten years ago when we moved into the house, plus old keyboard, speakers (big ones) and printer.

Not wanting to be a bad citizen, I brought the equipment to work where we have a dumpster that is emptied by a waste management firm that separates computer equipment out for proper disposal. I have to say, however good it felt to bring the stuff out of the house, it felt DAMN good to pitch the printer into the dumpster! (I didn't throw the PC tower in there because it was too heavy; an angel where I work helped with that.) If I can get hubby to bring the old clunky monitor to the car, I'll do the same thing with it later in the week. Yippee!

No comments: