Sunday, October 31, 2010

Upending the Natural Order

Today I took the eldest to his travel soccer game, in Brentwood. There happened to be a big playoff game going on at the same time in another field in the same sports complex. Huge crowd lining both sides of the field, looked like high school boys playing. Our team eked out a 3-3 tie.

When we were finished, I had a fleeting thought about using the ladies' room but it quickly faded as I glanced over at the building and saw a long line coming from the area where the rest rooms were. As we got closer, walking towards the car, I did a double take when I looked there again. The long line was full of MEN and there was absolutely no line for the ladies' room! I don't think that's ever happened as far as I've seen, not even at pro hockey or football games. I wished I'd had a camera. I guess there were not many women there at all. Some of the other moms on our team were talking about it too. What a pleasure to use the facilities and walk out of there within a few minutes.

When we left the parking lot, there still was a line of at least thirty guys for the other bathroom. Maybe a lot of guys feel this same sense of relief whenever they see a long line in front of the ladies' room in many public places. Oh, how the other half lives.

No comments: