Thursday, October 21, 2010

Squawking

Yesterday afternoon, I took my late day snack outside, which I often do if it's nice enough to walk, and went for a couple of spins around the building. When I got to the northwest corner of the parking lot, oodles of birds were making lots of noise in one of the tallest trees. Because we're on the edge of a nature preserve, I couldn't get close enough to the tree to see what was going on. Several people were leaving for the day while the uproar was in full swing, and some commentary ensued. My three favorite guesses as to what the birds were doing:
  • Filming a remake of the Hitchcock classic.
  • Conducting an emergency evacuation drill (naturally, this came from someone in the Facilities department).
  • Male and female birds were fighting about asking for directions.

No comments: