Monday, October 11, 2010

I Dream Of...

Referring to Friday's post, about the license plate HPY PNTS, when I spoke with my brother over the weekend, he told me that he'd had a completely different thought when he read that post. He thought of hippy pants, a la Barbara Eden in I Dream of Jeannie. That hadn't occurred to me at all!

It also blasted me back to the 60's and early 70's, when I used to wear Faded Glory jeans with bell bottoms. My most comfortable pair zipped up the back (in the middle of the tush). Now those were the days of fashion...before the disastrous velour shirts of the early eighties. I had a bunch of peasant tops with elastic gathering around the bust line, with pretty floral patterns and cotton doilies. And I used to make banana curls with my curling iron. %$#@ that was over 30 years ago! I still do remember those hippy pants though.

No comments: