Friday, November 12, 2010

Marching Band Mom

Guess you'd better add that to my list of credentials or nicknames. Last night I didn't mind traveling all the way from Eastern LI to Hofstra after work, because Son #1 was in the halftime show at the second round high school football playoff game. I also didn't mind sitting on the bleachers in breezy 40 degree weather, either...and those of you know my body thermostat know that's highly unusual for me. OK well I was wearing two pairs of panty hose under my jeans and four layers.

Part of it is the solidarity of wearing the band parent "school color" sweatshirts and hanging out with the moms and dads who were so wonderful during band camp weekend. It's a group of friends I hope to keep for years. Some have younger kids like me, so we'll cycle through it again together. A really feel-good, supportive club I've joined. And it's a great network to find out what's going on in the school, and with the kids. Of course my own kid tells me precious little. :-)

I was really excited about the actual game too. Jumping up and down for touchdowns, "whoo-hoo" and all that stuff. Good thing we won, and are headed to the county championships next week. Whoo-hoo!

No comments: