Sunday, April 26, 2009

Aaaah...Spring!

Friday night I was out late with my best bud from childhood, her beau, and another childhood bud of ours...not like me at all to roll in at 12:30AM.  Last night I was out 'til 11:30 because the kids and I saw their cousin in the Suffolk Community College adaptation of Julius Caesar (she played a conspirator...go figure...heh heh).  Another late night, uncharacteristically.  So today, after I made the kids lunch, what I really wanted to do was take a nap.  But then I thought...why waste the most beautiful day we have had on Long Island this season?  So instead of taking a nap, I decided to take a walk.

Son #2, who is trying to nurture his health plan, opted to skip the first part of the Ranger game and come along with me.  (This turned out to be a good decision since they didn't win.)  We walked all the way over to the golf course, and took the road that runs through the middle of it.   When we'd almost reached the far end of the course, my son wanted to take the underground tunnel to get to the other side, just because, so we did that.  On the way back, we met five horseback riders...does that process release endorphins?  They were all very friendly!  My son was excited too because he found two golf balls...one white, one pink.  

We took the long way home, around the other side of the neighborhood, staying out an hour and a half.  Even I felt slightly sweaty, which says something about the intensity of the sun.  I was pretty tired while preparing dinner (meatballs, garlic mashed potatoes, and a casserole of spinach, rice, and cheese which was a new recipe I'd seen in Newsday).  I feel OK now but I just know I'll crash hard later!  So worth it, though, and I'd like to wish my best pal (who returned to Baltimore yesterday) a very happy birthday.  Hugs!

No comments: