Friday, April 24, 2009

Whole Hearted

OK so I'm a week behind on my Newsday cryptoquotes...we don't get the paper regularly except on Sunday so what can I say?  This is from last Thursday, which was my mother's birthday.

"I don't do things half-heartedly.  Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results."
Michael Jordan

Being a linguistics geek, I loved it that this short quote used 23 of the 26 letters...and I don't play sports, so I can't exactly understand the full context for myself.  But I do identify with it in terms of my emotions.  I have sometimes been hurt by loving people with my whole heart, but I have also gained rich rewards and fine memories from deep relationships.  

The quote also reminds me of the lyrics of the oldie "All the Way."  Who knows where the road will lead us -- only a fool would say -- but if you'll let me love you, it's for sure I'm gonna love you all the way.

No comments: