Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Assume the Pose

Tonight was my first session of the rerun of the continuing education yoga class at our local high school. The instructor, Helen, has a voice and a manner inspiring to me. About half the class was new to yoga this time, which I found exciting.

We went through roughly the same "welcome" class as the first session in the fall, as far as I remember, with some starter poses (Mountain, Child's Pose, Tortoise, Warrior, Triangle, Sphinx). But I already knew how to breathe through them, and I already knew about the alignment and the muscles that are supposed to be stretched during each pose. As a result, I worked them much more deeply than I did the first time around. It was a good feeling, too. Let's see how the old spine feels tomorrow morning!

No comments: