Friday, February 5, 2010

I Am Not an Android, Part 2

Last night I went to the ears-nose-throat doc to see what it was all about, Alfie. Ever since I recovered from the stomach virus a few weeks ago, I've had a transient ache in my ears, sinuses, and throat. A couple of days on, then a couple of days off...a bit of congestion, but nothing awful.

All the medical mavens who think they should play doctors on TV will tell you, "If you have yellowish or greenish mucus, you have an infection." Fine, but what they don't tell you is that you can have an infection if the mucus is clear. The latter is my current situation, and I ought to be as good as new after ten days of amoxicillin. Also, thanks to our doctor's miniature sinus cavity vacuum (Hoover? Electrolux? Dirt Devil? not sure!) I slept much better last night than I had in several days.

Happy Friday! It's certainly cold enough to support the snowy forecast for Lawn Guyland tonight.

No comments: