Thursday, April 15, 2010

Yeowch

I'm walking down the hall in the office this morning with my friend J to go for my ceremonial start-the-day cup of cocoa, when I feel a little pinch in one of my fingers that's holding my Daffy Duck mug. What could that have been? Sure enough, I didn't imagine the pinch. A small wasp appeared a foot away from me, on a cubicle partition. I guess it happened to be flying by and I walked into it. I got a few ice cubes and wrapped them in plastic when we got to the kitchen. It's still a little swollen around the sting, but I'm definitely going to live.

Seems like a good time to mention this because I've seen lots of bumblebees outside already (the big ugly ones) and people with allergies must be careful. Luckily we know that my family doesn't have the allergy. One of my kids was stung on his chest while playing in the yard several years ago. Hubby has been stung many times, most notably by a pack of hornets when he was installing high hats under an overhang and accidentally encountered a nest.

Stock up on the EpiPens and Benadryl -- summer will be here before we know it!

No comments: