Friday, February 24, 2012

Sending Me Packing

A colleague and I are driving to Boston on Sunday morning for a business trip. This is a huge undertaking for my company. At least 50 employees travel to this meeting every year -- condensed matter physics, the largest of our topical meetings. 8700 attendees have preregistered, and hundreds more always register on site.

Two coworkers have asked us to take suitcases for them, to avoid airline hassles of checked luggage so they can merely skip by with a carry-on bag. We're taking so many work related things anyway, and it's only the two of us, so we're happy to oblige. I have the two suitcases in my possession, ready to go. Five day trip. Both are half the size of mine! Boy am I humbled.

Now, I realize I need more room because I bring several skeins of yarn for crocheting. And I have reading materials. And a bathing suit, and workout clothes. And pajamas. And four work outfits and some casual clothes. But I thought I was a pretty low maintenance kind of gal. Guess not.

No comments: