Monday, April 9, 2012

No Good Deed

I know I'm a card carrying klutz but I think my best friend called it right on this one. Yesterday morning, my son and I were headed to the Methodist church in town to help out with their weekly Sunday soup group (feeding those who need a complete nutritious meal). Upon walking downstairs to the kitchen, I missed the last step and twisted my ankle. Not the worst sprain I've ever gotten but it definitely curtailed my activities for the rest of the day and evening. I'm wearing an Ace ankle brace today and have my foot raised. Will I bowl Saturday on my league? Who knows.

My friend made a Facebook comment to the effect of "it just figures that you were doing something good at the time." Yup, no good deed goes unpunished. I'm not really that cynical about good deed doing -- I actually do quite a lot of it -- but it IS kind of funny.

No comments: