Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mommy, It Hurts

At 12:30am, I awoke to the sounds of Diabetic Man gnashing his teeth and grunting.  I got out of bed and quickly checked to see him with his feet and legs on the living room couch, and his head on the floor.  Luckily, he was facing outward, so it was a convenient position for me to pop a few mini Nestle Crunch bars into his mouth, whenever he opened it to grunt...as long as I steered clear of his arms.  It's very interesting; when the brain doesn't work correctly because of lack of sugar, the patient becomes very combative and wants to pulverize everyone in the immediate vicinity.  Good thing I've done this before.

When hubby started to come out of the episode, he got to his feet and started yelling, "My %$#@ back hurts!"  (Small wonder, right?)  Then he followed up with, "My %$#@ ass hurts!"  No surprise there, either.  While smiling and rolling my eyes upward, I found myself hoping beyond hope that the kids didn't wake up.  Well, when Son #2 came out to greet me this morning, he asked me whether Dad was OK.  I said yeah and asked whether he'd heard him during the night.  A broad grin slowly spread across my son's face as he said, "Yup!"

No comments: