Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bing Bing Bing...Ricochet Rabbit!

I found myself becoming tongue tied when I was explaining today's family schedule to a friend.

Son #2 is staying after school to try out for intramural basketball, so didn't come home on the regular bus. Son #1 had forgotten that, so called me at work to tell me there'd been a problem. We settled that, and moved on to the next thing. Son #1's soccer coach is arriving at 4:40 to take him to practice. Normally the dad would do this, since he arrives home from work earlier, but has a 5:00 physical therapy appointment today. Son #1 has to leave a note for Son #2 if the late bus doesn't beat his departure...in case he forgot what his brother was doing.

Moving on...because of the P/T appointment, I have to pick up Son #3 at after school care on the way home from work. I have a 6:30 dentist appointment, so have to drop off the youngest and run. Even if the eldest and the dad are not home by the time I get there, the middle one will be. Tonight's dinner is all cooked and in a Tupperware in the fridge. If the kids need to, they can nuke individual portions (whole wheat noodle ribbons, imitation crabmeat, veggies in a low fat alfredo sauce). I need to stop at the market on the way home to get a couple more things for the Rosh Hashanah meal tomorrow night...and will do some more prep later tonight.

Am I nuts? If not now, I could be certifiable anytime...I think I hear the thumping of that Napoleon XIV song...

No comments: