Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mom Said WHAT?!?

Sad but true, Mom had foot in mouth syndrome at the dinner table last night (doesn't sound very appetizing, does it?).

I made a chicken, sausage, and corn pot pie with the rest of my homemade gravy from the Rosh Hashanah meal (yummy). One of the kids' favorite veggie side dishes, too: fresh green beans tossed with chopped toasted almonds.

Son #2 was chit chatting while eating, and of course wasn't exactly keeping his face over the plate while taking in mouthfuls of green beans, so almonds were dropping here and there. Venting my annoyance, I bluntly informed him that he had nuts in his lap. (Great choice of words, huh? Of course I didn't think about this 'til it was too late.)

First the kids all went hysterical, then I cracked up too. No one complained that the food was too cold, but it was at least five minutes before anyone was able to pick up a fork again.

No comments: