Wednesday, September 10, 2008

50 Cent

No, not the rapper, the coin.

My second grader is doing a unit on money in the classroom.  The teacher asked that we send in a container with our child's name, and the following denominations of money:  30 pennies, 20 nickels, 10 dimes, 4 quarters, and 2 half dollars.  Well, it isn't that easy to find half dollars, at least where I live.  They're not too common in circulation, apparently.  I had to call around to several banks, and luckily found two banks which each have one.  I reserved them in my name and they must be picked up at the bank.  It was almost as if I were tracking down the latest fad video game..."oh no, we don't have any"..."you could try one of our other locations"..."oh yes, we do happen to have one, but only one."  Whew.  The things we do for our children.  

1 comment:

Jen said...

too funny! I can picture you driving around to all the banks, though--probably at 5am! Oh, yeah...they don't open that early, do they???

J.