I actually have been of some use...because I studied French during my senior year of high school and during my undergraduate days, I have some books around the house. So I was able to give my son some extra vocabulary words. He felt he wanted to learn more than the teacher was providing. Sigh...makes this geek mom so proud!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Fromage
How wonderful that I can learn some things right along with the kids! My seventh grader had to research French cheeses as a side project for his French class. He made a poster with pictures of nine different cheeses and a fun description of each. Who knew which are made with goat's or sheep's milk, or which date back to the early centuries A.D.? (OK if I were a chef I'd probably know, but anyone who's eaten at my house is aware that I'm kind of a hack in the kitchen. Good news is: I haven't poisoned anybody...yet.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment