Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wet and Wild

Soccer season began today.  My ten year old had the honor of being the first to have a game.  When we woke up this morning we hadn't known what to expect from the Tropical Storm Hanna wind and rain which I heard at about 1 AM.  It was a pleasant surprise that the entire soccer field was not under water, and between 10 and 11 the sun actually tried to emerge.  Humid and sticky morning, even for spectators.  Depending on whom you ask, my son's team won 4 to 3 or 4 to 2, due to a highly contested call by the referee, who was standing mid field and called a goal for the other team based on the other team's players screaming that the ball went over the line when the goalie caught it.  Sigh.  At least the win itself was undisputed.

My Saturday morning weekly grocery trip was delayed until 3PM and it is now raining again.  We'll see what we get tonight.  There's to be another soccer game tomorrow afternoon.  I have to go back out because I forgot the frozen waffles (favorite breakfast food of my seven year old) and by then it will be time to attend to the chicken cutlets and corn on the cob for dinner, and to choose another vegetable.  This domestic goddess mystique is really a unique animal.

No comments: