Thursday, October 16, 2008

Slaves to Technology

Tonight I have to pick up Son #3 from after school care because hubby has a medical appointment.  Before he goes there, he is dropping off the other two at soccer practice.  Son #1 will call me, on his new cell phone, to let me know what time to fetch them from the field.  I find myself straining to remember what I would have done before cell phones were an option.  I guess I would have gone there, with Son #3 in tow, after about an hour and waited in the car until practice was finished.  Now I can go home in between and at least get dinner started.

I was having similar thoughts last night.  Son #1 had to make a family album for his French class, with a photo and short narrative about each person.  Of course, we took the pictures with the digital camera and loaded them onto the computer so they could be interspersed with the text.  Years ago, we would have had to get film for the 35 mm camera and go over to one hour MotoPhoto or other such place.  Once we had the pictures in hand, we would have had to crop and glue them to each typewritten or handwritten page.  Yuck.  Seems ridiculous now, doesn't it?!?  

Since we have the photo images, I'll include them in the blog.  Isn't technology fab...







No comments: