Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat

Today I participated in the office Halloween festivities by dressing as Sarah Palin, complete with black power suit, red blouse, glasses, updo, and Son #2's hockey stick.  Son #3 dressed as a snake (yecch) and his brothers kindly took him out trick or treating before I got home from work.  I took over as it began to grow dark.  Quite the haul.  All the candy we won't use is going to a local library to be boxed up and sent to the troops.

It was close to 7:00 when we were finally ready to go to dinner, and Diabetic Man's sugar was on the low side when he took his insulin...so we decided to hit the local neighborhood Italian place.  The entrance to the restaurant is through the pizzeria side.  As we're walking up to the door, I see a woman with her back to us who looks a lot like my mother.  When we were nearly inside, I said, "Kids, that IS Grandma!"  She was waiting to place an order for a couple of slices to take home, and it was a mob scene.  So we brought her next door to sit down and eat with us.

As we were leaving, the kids said good night to Grandma and we all got into our car.  When we were getting ready to pull out of the parking spot, my mom's white SUV pulls up next to us.  She lets down the window and jokingly says:  "Hey lady!  You wanna get that hunk of junk outta here?"  I jokingly gave her the one digit salute. 

After she'd pulled away, Son #2 asked what she was talking about.  Son #1, without missing a beat, answered him.  "She meant Dad!"  Even hubby had to laugh at that.  I practically had a coughing fit myself.  We were giggling the entire way home.  OK so it's only a five minute trip, but still.  Happy Halloween!

No comments: