Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happiness Is a Warm Hug

Tonight I ran a bunch of errands after dinner (primarily to get a few more Hanukkah presents for the kids...shh, don't tell 'em).  It is quite the blustery evening, so I was cold when I came in the house, and my hands were REALLY cold!  Son #3 dragged me over to the couch and he climbed on my lap to warm me up.  Son #2 came into the room and said, "Let the Human Furnace do the job."  Son #3 insisted that he was the Human Furnace Junior.

Anyway, the two of them each took one of my palms in their hands and warmed them.  Then they each hugged me on either side, then gave a big group hug in the middle.  Sigh.  Snuggle.  Next time you feel chilly, hug someone for warmth.  Or just hug someone you love, because you love 'em.  Hug someone because it just feels good.  Hurrah for hugs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hugs are definitely a very under-rated thing. I personally would love to give/receive a hundred more hugs a day than I get right now.