Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Old Friends, New Friends

Today's title sounds like a Berenstain Bears book, doesn't it?!?

A few weeks ago I went to the David Crosby/Graham Nash concert at Westbury Music Fair (OK it's really Capital One Theatre now, but I still refer to LIPA as LILCO and COSTCO as Price Club in true dinosaur-like fashion).  Two of my girlfriends accompanied me.  I know one of them for 20 years, from work, and the other one 30 years, from high school.  They hadn't known each other but hit it off famously.  Tonight the three of us had dinner together, having resolved to get together again after the concert -- and sat at the restaurant for nearly three hours talking.  Jobs, kids, our own childhoods, relationships...and we were in a complete groove.  We could have easily talked for another three hours if we weren't all headed home to our families.  I am so grateful for my friends, and so thrilled that we can build more friendships together! 

No comments: